Liks 666 is a graffiti writer from Sydney. He's travelled the world painting trains and done more than his fair share on home turf. If you've watched any of the route 666 movies then you already know what he's about. Liks is a member of KOC crew who have had a huge impact and earnt a spot in Sydney graffs history books. We caught up with him and asked for his favourite five flicks.
1. What got you into graffiti? Just seeing kids getting up around the Eastern Suburbs in the early 90's. Crews like JFA, ETG, VW, INC where just bombing was the key and most nights involved walking for hours and just getting up.
2. How would you describe your style? Adaptive to the situation.
3. You have travelled extensively. What is your favourite place to paint outside of Australia? Athens for subways, Italy for s-trains and Berlin for both.
4. Do you have a good chase story? Got spotted in the aisles of Central one night drunk finishing off a panel. Ended up being a race to the end of the carriages before security could cut us off.
Made it with a whisker to spare and escaped down the tracks. By that moment they didn't have a hope in hell of catching us.
5. What motivates you to keep painting? Ideas and opportunities.